Home
RSS
About
Postrank
Tags
Contact
The Most Popular Traffic Exchange

9.14.2010

Blogging With The Full-featured Blog Editor - ScribeFire

ScribeFire is one of the most popular add-ons for firefox. Actually, it is not only for firefox, you can also find the add-on for chrome & safari. Since it's an add-on, you could use it cross platform.


ScribeFire is a full-featured blog editor that integrates with your browser and lets you easily post to all of your blogs. You can post to blogs from WordPress, Blogger, TypePad, Windows Live Spaces or any other blog that supports the MetaWeblog or MovableType APIs.

You can edit the existing posts. It's editor is more powerful than blogger, you can bookmark your posts easily to del.icio.us, set pings for posts after you post them, and ScribeFire is partnered with Inlinks.com, you could find a easy way to monetize. My favorite feature is you could schedule posts for the future, then it'll post articles automatically, it's really nice for blogger.

4 comments:

Ileane Smith said...

I use the ScribeFire extension for Chrome too. I really enjoy how easy it is to use with Chrome and ScribeFire works great with my WordPress blogs and my Blogger blogs. I can add the blogs that I guest post on and save blog posts as drafts for the host to post after review. I am also starting to use Windows Live Writer which I understand handles images more easily than ScribeFire or Wordpress. Thank you

Unknown said...

@Ms.Ileane As you said, ScribeFire does not do well in handling images, it's not easy to upload a pic from computer, but the latest version has integrated Zemanta and flickr search. I hope to see the feature about picasaweb in the feature, because blogger & picasa are are inseparable to me.

John Finster said...

I loved Scribefire at first and used it almost exclusively. However, the first two posters hit the nail on the head. Scribefire has a hard time with images from start to finish.

On the other hand, Live Writer 2011 handles images beautifully, supports Zemanta and resides on my desktop which will always be a plus for me.

After all the hours of tweaking and adjusting in Scribefire, I'd be hard pressed to go back.

Unknown said...

@John Finster As you said, Scribefire is not good at handling images, and this has lasted for a long time. I still use it because the feature "schedule posts"(rarely). Anyway,I hope Scribefire's development team could solve this problem as soon as possible.

Live Writer 2011 is indeed very attractive,but right now I'm not using dual operating system(Linux alone), it's inconvenient to me.

Post a Comment